We could all use more rest. Fortunately, there's a secret weapon used by Google CEO Sundar Pichai that can help: Non-Sleep Deep Rest (NSDR). NSDR is a unique method for recharging your brain without all the time and effort needed for traditional meditation or sleep.
NSDR involves achieving a deep sense of calm and restorative rest, not necessarily through sleep. It begins with the premise of guided meditation involving imagery and paying attention to the breath.
Here are five benefits of NSDR to seriously consider.
- Declutter your mind. NSDR helps you clear your mind of the constant noise and clutter, helping you retain new information better, making this a great technique while studying or having to learn a large amount of new information quickly.
- Ease your anxiety. Your mental health is key, and constant stress on your mind and body can lead to future health issues. Minimize the symptoms of anxiety and stress through NSDR.
- Improve your sleep. You can actually improve your sleep at night by practicing this technique since NSDR promotes calm and rest in the body and mind.
- Be more creative & productive. A well-rested mind has more room for creativity to flow as well as being a more productive person in your daily life.
- Gain more energy. NSDR helps the body relax and destress, helping you regain the energy you need for your daily tasks.
Starting NSDR is easy, as there are dozens of guided meditations on YouTube to follow and get started! Why not start resting like a CEO today?
Self. "What to Know About ‘Non-Sleep Deep Rest,’ the Technique Google CEO Sundar Pichai Uses to Meditate"
Times Now. “NSDR: The method Google CEO Sundar Pichai uses to relax - All you need to know about non-sleep deep rest”